Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor. This blog should not in any way be used as a substitute for the opinion of a medical professional.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Take a Hike

This is my favorite time of year.  The air is brisk and energizing, the smell of autumn is in the air and the beauty of the changing leaves never fails to take my breath away!  I can almost hear the mountains beckoning me.  I've been hiking more in the last two weeks than I did in all of August and September.  The weather is perfect- not too hot, not too cold.  Plus, it's great exercise.  You burn about as many calories as from jogging and it never feels like much work.  So, pack a light backpack with some water and a granola bar and maybe an extra layer and get out there and hike!  You'll thank me for it.

2 comments:

  1. That Pumpkin Stew recipe looks so great and interesting. Have you tryed it yet? I wonder if i would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I'm going to this weekend. I'll give you an update!

    ReplyDelete