Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor. This blog should not in any way be used as a substitute for the opinion of a medical professional.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Why Write a Blog about My Diet?


A)  Because it will hold me accountable. My hope is that knowing that I must post my weight online on a regular basis and admit to my readers when I breakdown and eat a pint of ice cream will help me stick to my weight loss goals better than I have in the past.


B)  Because I think that there are a lot of people out there like myself who can benefit from reading along with a real person who might be having some of the same struggles.  


C)  Because I wish to create a discussion, an open forum, for people to discuss their trials and success, healthy eating tips, etc.


What brought you here, reader, to this blog about dieting?  Perhaps you are trying to lose weight yourself.  Or you want to become more active.  Or learn how to eat healthier.  My guess is that most people reading this are doing so because they are in some way dissatisfied with their current level of fitness. 


In my adult life, my weight has fluctuated from 150ish to 212 lbs at my highest.  It is a constant struggle for me to lose weight and keep it off.  I turned 30 this year, got married and have been thinking about having a few kids.  For me, it is very important for me to learn to how to have a healthy relationship with food before I am responsible for passing this information down to my future children.


We all have different reasons for wanting to get in shape.  I've gotten to the point in my life when being unfit is not an option for me anymore.  And so I am challenging myself to lose 30 pounds in 30 weeks- not by following a strict diet, but by really learning what it means to be healthy.


I welcome you, reader, to join with me on this challenge.  You might have your own weight loss goals and reasons for wanting to get in shape, but if we do it together it will be easier to stick to and increase our chances of success!













2 comments:

  1. I am with you all the way girl!!! You can do it!! I wouldnt mind losing 10lbs myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Christina! I've gained about 25lbs myself since I met Jim and I'm looking to lose it. Tomorrow starts my diet and exercise regime.

    ReplyDelete