Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor. This blog should not in any way be used as a substitute for the opinion of a medical professional.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Smoothie Recipe

I've got breakfast down pat.  Most days this is what I have.  It holds me over and is packed with protein, nutrients and fiber.

All measurements are approximate.  I eyeball everything.

Berry Protein Smoothie

1 small scoop (1/2 cup) fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 cup orange juice
1-2 tbs unsweetened plain or vanilla soy-based protein shake mix*
1 tbs fiber Benefiber

Mix all together in a blender for about 30-60 seconds.  This yields about one 16oz cup and has about 300 calories.  Make sure to use fat-free and unsweetened, otherwise you will pack on a lot of extra calories.

*My favorite is Spiru-tein, unsweetened vanilla.  I sometimes also use Genisoy Ultra, unflavored, but it's a little chalky.

2 comments:

  1. i used to drink a spirutein shake every morning :o) i didnt know anyone else knew about the stuff!!

    ReplyDelete