Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor. This blog should not in any way be used as a substitute for the opinion of a medical professional.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

A New Week, a New Goal

My goal for the upcoming week is to focus on being more active.  I know first hand that it really just takes a little time each day to make a real difference.  When I first moved to South Korea 2 years ago, I lost nearly 15 pounds the first month I lived there.  I attribute the majority of that weight loss from living in a city and walking every where I went.

But I also know that it's not so easy to get oneself into a regular exercise routine, which is why my plan is to start slow.  Remember, this isn't about getting thin, it's about small, easy changes in my day to day life with the ultimate goal of being a healthier, more active person.  This week's goal is to take a walk for 20 minutes 3 times a week. I could easily walk more, and I love walking, but taking an hour or two out of my day isn't reasonable on a regular basis.  20 minutes on the other hand, is something I think I can do without even really having to try.  It's just a matter of planning ahead.

Speaking of planning ahead, I will continue to plan my meals ahead of time and work on establishing that habit.  It's not always as easy for me as it seems it should be.  It takes a conscious effort every day to look at my schedule and figure out when I'm going to eat and then what I should have.  New habits aren't that easy to form, but I know I have people counting on me now, so I'm doing my best not to let myself or my readers down.

I'd love to hear from anyone who is following along- especially if you are trying to lose weight too and my be going through similar struggles.  Share your advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment