Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor. This blog should not in any way be used as a substitute for the opinion of a medical professional.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesdays

Tuesdays are another bizarre scheduling day for me.  Breakfast at 8, Lunch around 2, Dinner sometime after 7:30.  Part of my problem is the long gap between breakfast and lunch and another problem is such a late dinner.  This is especially a pain if I have to cook when I get home.  Who wants to cook dinner after being out of the house working/at school all day?  Not I!  Whenever I do have time to cook a meal, usually on the weekends, I try to make extra so I have food during the week.  A big part of sticking to a diet is planning ahead.  This is something I don't always do.  Often I'll just think, "Oh, there's something in the cabinet I can whip up."  But that usually ends up being something not-so healthy, like grilled cheese or noodles.

Soups are a quick and easy favorite of mine, but the canned varieties in the store aren't so satisfying and loaded up with salt.  I think this weekend I will try my hand at canning my own at home.  Sometimes I freeze them, but I think freezing often makes foods lose their consistency.

Today for lunch I had vegetarian stuffed peppers and whole grain rice.  For dinner I will finish up the last of my butternut squash and cashew soup.

Snacks continue to be the same sort of thing: fresh or dried fruit, nuts, Kind bars.  I'd welcome any other suggestions for low-calorie, filling snacks.  Filling is a key word there, a packet of 100 calorie crackers might be low calorie, but hardly filling and just makes you want more.  Portable is another issue.  Eg, I love yogurt, but can't leave it sitting in my car for half the day.

I go grocery shopping tomorrow night, and will be on the hunt for more snacks that meet these requirements and will be sure to post anything new I find.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever hear of the LARABAR? Its just dried fruits and nuts, and sometimes spices smooshed together, but they make fun flavors and pack easy to take places. I bought a whole 12 pack from their website of "cinnamon roll". its all raw, and the only ingredients are dates, almonds, walnuts and cinnamon. the dates are sticky and sweet, so they hold the bar together. i think you should check them out- i'll give u one to try if u want

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, sounds yummy! i've never tried them.

    ReplyDelete