Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor. This blog should not in any way be used as a substitute for the opinion of a medical professional.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Falling of the Horse

I am embarrassed to say that only a week and a half into this challenge of mine, I've already taken a big stumble. Last night, I had a nice dinner of tofu and stir-fried vegetables planned.  My husband asked if there was any way to make the tofu crispy, so I made a tempura batter and fried it up.  This wouldn't have been so bad except that the green beans I planned to cook with it had gone bad and we decided it would be yummy to tempura fry the peppers and onions as well.  It was way more fat than I should have had, though I didn't eat a huge amount.  

To make matters worse, I was I seem to be coming down with a cold and I overslept this morning, skipping breakfast.  For lunch I made a spicy noodle soup to help clear my head.  I loaded myself up with cough drops and Italian ices and took the rest of the day off from work.  But I didn't want to cook so I had two frozen empanades.  They were really small and not very satisfying, and not entirely healthy either, I'm sure.  So, I had the left overs from last night, which were oily and gross.  I had two of the ices throughout the evening to help with my sore throat.  The sugar in them set off a bad cycle of cravings for me and I ended up eating a bunch of junk to satisfy need, but nothing helped.  I tried Hershey's kisses, a granola bar, an apple, rice chips, caramel sauce right from the jar.  I'm ashamed to admit it all, but if there is a bright side it's that I even though of eating an apple in the midst of all that other stuff!  

I'm going to try not to let this bring me down.  I walked yesterday and will try to get out there tomorrow as well.  I'm already planning my meals for tomorrow.  I just hope I'm feeling well enough to care.  

1 comment:

  1. ok, i think i am all caught up. I think i will make some banana bread today. You always say its so good and we've got banana's all over the place. I hope you are feeling better today. Try to lay off the carmel in the jar. i love you.

    ReplyDelete